Skip to main content

Jackky Bhagnani returns to acting after six years with Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein': "I wanted the street credibility and respect of Gen Z"

Jackky Bhagnani has returned to acting after a six-year gap with the Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein,' released under his music label Jjust Music. The actor-producer said the song offered him an opportunity to return to the screen with a project that was personally meaningful to him. Bhagnani described himself as a patriot and said the nature of the song played an important role in his decision to face the camera again. “I am a patriot by heart. It’s been quite some time since I faced the camera. So, I thought the best way to come back is with the right cause,” Bhagnani said. The actor's return comes after several years of focusing primarily on film production. According to Bhagnani, stepping away from acting was a conscious decision as he worked behind the scenes and became more involved in producing films. Jackky Bhagnani on focusing on film production Bhagnani said his experience as a producer made him rethink the way he wanted to approach his acting career. He ...

Mohammed Zeeshan Ayub distances himself from Shraddha Kapoor starrer Eetha; says his voice was used without context

Actor Mohammed Zeeshan Ayub has publicly distanced himself from the upcoming Shraddha Kapoor-starrer Eetha, claiming that his voice was used in the film's teaser without his knowledge of the context. The actor took to social media to issue a detailed clarification, asserting that he has no association with the project and had objected to the use of his voice immediately after the teaser was released.

Although Zeeshan Ayub did not explicitly mention the name of the film in his note, it was widely inferred that he was referring to Eetha, whose teaser had opened with a narration in his voice. According to the actor, he had agreed to dub a single line months ago after being approached by people he knew personally, without being informed about the larger context in which it would eventually be used.

Sharing his statement on X aka Twitter, Mohammed Zeeshan Ayub wrote, “Few weeks back, a film teaser released with the opening line in my voice. I wish to put on record that I am not part of the film in any capacity. I was asked to dub a line without any reference a few months back. I did that in good faith without asking for more as I knew the makers personally. As soon as the teaser was released and I saw the context in which it was (mis)used, I asked the filmmakers to remove my voice from the teaser as I have nothing to do with the film. After my strong objection, the makers removed my voice from the teaser fifteen days ago.”

Few weeks back, a film teaser released with the opening line in my voice. I wish to put on record that I am not part of the film in any capacity.

I was asked to dub a line without any reference a few months back. I did that in good faith without asking for more as I knew the…

— Mohd. Zeeshan Ayyub (@Mdzeeshanayyub) July 21, 2026

The actor further used the opportunity to reiterate his stand while shifting focus to the ongoing student protests in the country. “Though this will clarify my position as an artist who would never be a part of any such project, our entire attention should be on the present situation of the country where our young relentless students are on the streets putting up a brave fight. Kudos to their inspiring spirit. JAI HIND, JAI SAMVIDHAN.”

Directed by Laxman Utekar, Eetha is based on the life of legendary Marathi Tamasha and Lavani performer Vithabai Narayangaonkar, fondly known as Eethabai. The biographical drama stars Shraddha Kapoor in the titular role, alongside Randeep Hooda and Nana Patekar in pivotal roles, and traces the inspiring journey of the celebrated folk theatre icon from humble beginnings to becoming one of Maharashtra's most revered cultural figures.

Also Read: SCOOP: Shraddha Kapoor-starrer Eetha won’t arrive on August 28; likely to be preponed or postponed



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/jlDOx82
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Miracle Club review – Maggie Smith can’t save this rocky road trip to Lourdes

Laura Linney is upstaged by older co-stars Smith and Kathy Bates in this sentimental tale about a group of Dublin women who go on a spiritual journey together Who’s up for a golden-hued heartwarmer set in 60s Ireland starring Kathy Bates and Maggie Smith about women with secret fears and dreams going on a church trip to Lourdes and finally finding the real miracle is their new compassion for each other? The answer to this question could well have been … me. I have a liking for a gentle tale and there is nothing necessarily wrong with, just occasionally, showing Ireland and the church of this period with something other than outrage and horror. But The Miracle Club does not at any time, to use a discredited metaphor, throw away its crutches and walk. And it’s painful to note that this is largely because of the way film can’t convincingly use that estimable actor Laura Linney in a central role. She is upstaged by the older, fruitier performances and doesn’t hold her own with a more seri...

Omen (Augure) review – Baloji offers secrets and sorcery in Congolese homecoming

Musician and film-maker’s story about a Belgian-Congolese man who takes his white wife to DRC to meet the family is complex, risky and bold Congolese-born rapper, musician and film-maker Baloji (né Serge Baloji Tshiani) was a prizewinner at Cannes last year with this feature directing debut: a dynamic, teemingly populated, multistranded and tonally elusive picture which I initially thought would benefit from comparisons with Jordan Peele’s horror classic Get Out. In fact, it’s more complicated than that. Koffi (Marc Zinga) is a Congolese man living in Belgium and married to a white woman, Alice (Lucie Debay). They are about to have twins and Koffi feels that he cannot put it off any further: whatever his family will think, the couple must journey back to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to let them see Alice and let them get used to the idea. It particularly means propitiating his fiercely conservative mother Mujila (Yves-Marina Gnahoua). He takes care to shave off his westernis...

REVEALED: Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions merges Dharmatic Entertainment to simplify operations

Dharmatic Entertainment, the digital arm of Dharma Productions, has now officially merged with its parent company, as per a recent article in The Economic Times. The story says that the move is part of Dharma’s plan “to consolidate operations amid the changing entertainment landscape”. It also said that the merger application was fast-tracked and has already been approved by both companies’ shareholders and creditors, according to official filings. This is one of Dharma Productions’ first big steps since entrepreneur Adar Poonawalla bought a 50% stake in the company for Rs. 1,000 crores last year, valuing Dharma at Rs. 2,000 crores. Another significant decision taken by Dharma head-honcho after the merger was to start a distribution arm. In a recent interview with Komal Nahta, KJo confessed that the partnership with Adar Poonawalla gave him the impetus to get into distribution. The Economic Times article further revealed that the amalgamation of Dharmatic Entertainment and Dharma Pro...