After years of friendship, Josie still wasn’t sure whether she was into Chris. So she struck a deal with God
I was 18 when I first met Chris at a church youth group. Although we came from the same ethno-religious group, Chris wasn’t strictly religious. For him, youth group was a way to socialise with people from our community.
I never really paid him any attention, but one night after youth group he walked me to my car. He was trying to get to know me – he told me later that he had noticed me playing Scrabble at our camp and that was the kind of life he wanted with someone. I summed my interests up for him very clearly: pizza, ice-cream and making lists. He must have liked that answer because suddenly, it felt like he was everywhere.
Continue reading...from Love And Sex | The Guardian https://ift.tt/wrQyOov
Comments
Post a Comment