Skip to main content

Jackky Bhagnani returns to acting after six years with Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein': "I wanted the street credibility and respect of Gen Z"

Jackky Bhagnani has returned to acting after a six-year gap with the Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein,' released under his music label Jjust Music. The actor-producer said the song offered him an opportunity to return to the screen with a project that was personally meaningful to him. Bhagnani described himself as a patriot and said the nature of the song played an important role in his decision to face the camera again. “I am a patriot by heart. It’s been quite some time since I faced the camera. So, I thought the best way to come back is with the right cause,” Bhagnani said. The actor's return comes after several years of focusing primarily on film production. According to Bhagnani, stepping away from acting was a conscious decision as he worked behind the scenes and became more involved in producing films. Jackky Bhagnani on focusing on film production Bhagnani said his experience as a producer made him rethink the way he wanted to approach his acting career. He ...

Kajol to reunite with her first co-star Kamal Sadanah in Revathy directorial Salaam Venky

Bollywood actress Kajol is currently gearing up for her upcoming film Salaam Venky. Ever since the makers dropped its trailer, it has managed to garner a positive response from the audience. Apart from Aamir Khan and Kajol’s reunion, the upcoming film will also see another reunion. Kajol, who marked her debut with Bekhudi released in 1992, will reunite with Kamal Sadanah after 30 years.

Kajol to reunite with her first co-star Kamal Sadanah in Revathy directorial Salaam Venky

For the unversed, Kamal rose to fame with the romantic film Rang, which was released in 1993. The film also featured Ayesha Jhulka and Divya Bharti. However, he took a sabbatical from the movies by the end of the 90s and went into direction and production. In Salaam Venky, Kamal will be seen playing a pivotal role.

Speaking of the same, Kamal said, “Shooting with Kajol again made me think that I was on the sets of Bekhudi. She still speaks non-stop and I had to pick my chair up and move to the other side (laughs). But it has been great fun! I can’t talk much about my role. I’m surprised they’ve put me in the trailer because no one was supposed to know that I’m in the film and what my character is all about,” in a statement.

Meanwhile, Kajol asserted, “For the first five to ten minutes, I didn’t say anything. I kept screaming. It was just really nice. We’ve met in between and we know of each other’s whereabouts and everything that’s happening in our lives. But it was lovely working with him again.”

Interestingly, at the trailer launch of Salaam Venky, director Revathy had said, “I didn’t tell Kajol about the actor playing Kamal’s part in the film. There’s a very important scene between the two of them. It was a big surprise for her.”

Salaam Venky is slated to release on December 9.

Also Read: Lust Stories 2: Kajol, Angad Bedi, Mrunal Thakur, and Tillotama Shome join cast of Netflix film



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/slUYGrh
via IFTTT https://ift.tt/oBA5bMt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Miracle Club review – Maggie Smith can’t save this rocky road trip to Lourdes

Laura Linney is upstaged by older co-stars Smith and Kathy Bates in this sentimental tale about a group of Dublin women who go on a spiritual journey together Who’s up for a golden-hued heartwarmer set in 60s Ireland starring Kathy Bates and Maggie Smith about women with secret fears and dreams going on a church trip to Lourdes and finally finding the real miracle is their new compassion for each other? The answer to this question could well have been … me. I have a liking for a gentle tale and there is nothing necessarily wrong with, just occasionally, showing Ireland and the church of this period with something other than outrage and horror. But The Miracle Club does not at any time, to use a discredited metaphor, throw away its crutches and walk. And it’s painful to note that this is largely because of the way film can’t convincingly use that estimable actor Laura Linney in a central role. She is upstaged by the older, fruitier performances and doesn’t hold her own with a more seri...

Omen (Augure) review – Baloji offers secrets and sorcery in Congolese homecoming

Musician and film-maker’s story about a Belgian-Congolese man who takes his white wife to DRC to meet the family is complex, risky and bold Congolese-born rapper, musician and film-maker Baloji (né Serge Baloji Tshiani) was a prizewinner at Cannes last year with this feature directing debut: a dynamic, teemingly populated, multistranded and tonally elusive picture which I initially thought would benefit from comparisons with Jordan Peele’s horror classic Get Out. In fact, it’s more complicated than that. Koffi (Marc Zinga) is a Congolese man living in Belgium and married to a white woman, Alice (Lucie Debay). They are about to have twins and Koffi feels that he cannot put it off any further: whatever his family will think, the couple must journey back to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to let them see Alice and let them get used to the idea. It particularly means propitiating his fiercely conservative mother Mujila (Yves-Marina Gnahoua). He takes care to shave off his westernis...

Jackky Bhagnani returns to acting after six years with Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein': "I wanted the street credibility and respect of Gen Z"

Jackky Bhagnani has returned to acting after a six-year gap with the Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein,' released under his music label Jjust Music. The actor-producer said the song offered him an opportunity to return to the screen with a project that was personally meaningful to him. Bhagnani described himself as a patriot and said the nature of the song played an important role in his decision to face the camera again. “I am a patriot by heart. It’s been quite some time since I faced the camera. So, I thought the best way to come back is with the right cause,” Bhagnani said. The actor's return comes after several years of focusing primarily on film production. According to Bhagnani, stepping away from acting was a conscious decision as he worked behind the scenes and became more involved in producing films. Jackky Bhagnani on focusing on film production Bhagnani said his experience as a producer made him rethink the way he wanted to approach his acting career. He ...