Skip to main content

Jackky Bhagnani returns to acting after six years with Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein': "I wanted the street credibility and respect of Gen Z"

Jackky Bhagnani has returned to acting after a six-year gap with the Independence Day anthem 'Tere Rang Mein,' released under his music label Jjust Music. The actor-producer said the song offered him an opportunity to return to the screen with a project that was personally meaningful to him. Bhagnani described himself as a patriot and said the nature of the song played an important role in his decision to face the camera again. “I am a patriot by heart. It’s been quite some time since I faced the camera. So, I thought the best way to come back is with the right cause,” Bhagnani said. The actor's return comes after several years of focusing primarily on film production. According to Bhagnani, stepping away from acting was a conscious decision as he worked behind the scenes and became more involved in producing films. Jackky Bhagnani on focusing on film production Bhagnani said his experience as a producer made him rethink the way he wanted to approach his acting career. He ...

Both Of Us Are Aware Of My Motives For Leaving. Actor Shia LaBeouf Sent Director Olivia Wilde S Letter

Wilde, 38, said in a Variety cover article that she booted LaBeouf from the film and that Harry Styles eventually took on the part of the male lead alongside Florence Pugh. She remarked, "I say this as an individual who is such a fan of his work. "The ethics I require in my projects is not supported by his process. His method appears to call for combative energy in certain ways, and I don't think that's favorable to the optimal outcomes. The best way to get individuals to do their best work, continued Wilde, is to foster a secure and trustworthy workplace. My duty to safeguard the cast and the production comes first and foremost. I have to do it. In response to Wilde's remark, 36-year-old LaBeouf, whose agent had earlier refused to speak for the cover story, said he had "left the film owing to lack of rehearsal time" in a letter to Variety on Thursday. Additionally, he gave the publication a copy of an email he claimed to have sent to Wilde this week in reply to the article. The actor responded to Wilde in the whole email, which Variety revealed, "You and I both realize the reasons for my exit. I left your movie because my co-stars and I were unable to get time to practice. While expressing his gratitude for Wilde's appreciation of his work, he claimed to be somewhat perplexed by the claim that I was sacked. LaBeouf reportedly supplied previous text conversations and a video that Wilde reportedly sent the actor two days after he purportedly departed the movie in August 2020, pleading with him not to leave. According to Variety. According to Variety, Wilde added in the video, "I felt like I'm not prepared to give up on this yet, and I too am devastated, and I want to work this out."

from Celebrity Insider https://ift.tt/gi14rJy
via IFTTT https://ift.tt/xpcz35R

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Miracle Club review – Maggie Smith can’t save this rocky road trip to Lourdes

Laura Linney is upstaged by older co-stars Smith and Kathy Bates in this sentimental tale about a group of Dublin women who go on a spiritual journey together Who’s up for a golden-hued heartwarmer set in 60s Ireland starring Kathy Bates and Maggie Smith about women with secret fears and dreams going on a church trip to Lourdes and finally finding the real miracle is their new compassion for each other? The answer to this question could well have been … me. I have a liking for a gentle tale and there is nothing necessarily wrong with, just occasionally, showing Ireland and the church of this period with something other than outrage and horror. But The Miracle Club does not at any time, to use a discredited metaphor, throw away its crutches and walk. And it’s painful to note that this is largely because of the way film can’t convincingly use that estimable actor Laura Linney in a central role. She is upstaged by the older, fruitier performances and doesn’t hold her own with a more seri...

Omen (Augure) review – Baloji offers secrets and sorcery in Congolese homecoming

Musician and film-maker’s story about a Belgian-Congolese man who takes his white wife to DRC to meet the family is complex, risky and bold Congolese-born rapper, musician and film-maker Baloji (né Serge Baloji Tshiani) was a prizewinner at Cannes last year with this feature directing debut: a dynamic, teemingly populated, multistranded and tonally elusive picture which I initially thought would benefit from comparisons with Jordan Peele’s horror classic Get Out. In fact, it’s more complicated than that. Koffi (Marc Zinga) is a Congolese man living in Belgium and married to a white woman, Alice (Lucie Debay). They are about to have twins and Koffi feels that he cannot put it off any further: whatever his family will think, the couple must journey back to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to let them see Alice and let them get used to the idea. It particularly means propitiating his fiercely conservative mother Mujila (Yves-Marina Gnahoua). He takes care to shave off his westernis...

REVEALED: Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions merges Dharmatic Entertainment to simplify operations

Dharmatic Entertainment, the digital arm of Dharma Productions, has now officially merged with its parent company, as per a recent article in The Economic Times. The story says that the move is part of Dharma’s plan “to consolidate operations amid the changing entertainment landscape”. It also said that the merger application was fast-tracked and has already been approved by both companies’ shareholders and creditors, according to official filings. This is one of Dharma Productions’ first big steps since entrepreneur Adar Poonawalla bought a 50% stake in the company for Rs. 1,000 crores last year, valuing Dharma at Rs. 2,000 crores. Another significant decision taken by Dharma head-honcho after the merger was to start a distribution arm. In a recent interview with Komal Nahta, KJo confessed that the partnership with Adar Poonawalla gave him the impetus to get into distribution. The Economic Times article further revealed that the amalgamation of Dharmatic Entertainment and Dharma Pro...