Mark Kermode on… Kathryn Bigelow, a stylish ruffler of feathers

From vampire noir to Bin Laden, Point Break to Detroit, the first woman to win an Oscar for best director has never pulled her punches Watching new Jeff Nichols release The Bikeriders , starring Austin Butler and Tom Hardy as 60s Chicago greasers, I was reminded of two other movies: László Benedek’s 1953 Marlon Brando vehicle The Wild One , explicitly cited as an inspiration, and The Loveless , the 1981 feature debut of Kathryn Bigelow , the American film-maker (b.1951) who would go on to become the first woman to win a best director Oscar with her 2008 war drama The Hurt Locker . A symphony of leather-clad posing (with just a touch of Kenneth Anger ), The Loveless was a staple of the late-night circuit in the 80s, often on a double bill with David Lynch’s Eraserhead . Sharing directing credits with Monty Montgomery, Bigelow playfully deconstructed masculinity and machismo in a manner that was one part wry to two parts relish. I remember seeing The Loveless at the Phoenix in East

Tamar Braxton Impresses Fans With A New Video For Easter – Here’s Her Message On Social Media

Tamar Braxton just impressed her fans and followers with a new video that she shared for Easter on her social media account. Check it out here. 'Happy Easter!….. If you know ANYTHING about me, You know I don’t play about my friends… AND their birthday. This guy is sooooo special to me. I love him with my ENTIRE heart. Y’all gone love him too cause had it not been for him you wouldn’t be getting any music... outside of that, he has a heart of pure Gold AND he doesn’t play ‘bout me!! Everyone needs a Phil in their life.,' she began her message. She continued and said this: 'He’s loyal, understanding, fair, funny but will hold you accountable when you pick up!! He’s introduced me to some amazing humans like him because I believe Good people know good people @phillionaire1911 I’m so blessed to have a friend like you in my life. Celebrating you has been my absolute pleasure cheers to another spin around the sun. I love u down ( a special shout-out to my friend @v_watson and @sovereignsweets for putting this last-minute turn up together last minute and again KILLED another birthday at my favorite place.'   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Tamar Estine (@tamarbraxton) Someone said: 'Epic night!!! You are really a party planner! Grateful for our friendship. Thank you for the AMAZING meal today. Still FULL.' A commenter posted this: 'Birthday Blessings to Our Favorite People.' One other follower said: '@718covergirl I was just wondering where Phil was and how he’s doing….this is crazy!! Heeeeeyyyy @phillionaire1911' A commenter posted: 'Happy Easter to you @tamarbraxton and happy birthday to your friend.' Someone else said: 'I lost two of my brothers they are going too.' Tamar Braxton made her fans smile with a collection of videos filmed by fans. Check out her post below. 'The truth is that there is NOTHING else to do BUT sing… meet me there something special always happens…these are actual #tamartian video’s from shows. And I appreciate how much better you all ALWAYS make me feel. (get them all at Ticketmaster),' Tamar said.

from Celebrity Insider https://ift.tt/9aMRiUm
via IFTTT https://ift.tt/jYGKOCP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gasoline Rainbow review – a free-ranging coming-of-age ode to the curiosity of youth

Elaha review – sex, patriarchy and second-generation identity

Shraddha Kapoor roped in as co-founder by demi fine jewellery start-up Palmonas